# How to start the KYC process?
In [My Account] , click the [KYC NOW button]. It will navigate you to Icetea Labs KYC on Blockpass.
# Do we have to perform KYC each time for every IDO?
No, KYC is a one time thing.
To check your KYC status, please visit [My Account]. If your status is verified which means you passed KYC, you don't need to do KYC again.
# I've been approved KYC by BlockPass but on Red Kite my KYC is still not updated?
Common Reasons for Pending/ Unverified KYC:
- You are not using the same wallet address between Red Kite and Blockpass. Please use the one that has been verified on Blockpass.
- Your KYC profile has been reset to Unverified by Blockpass for the following reason.
- Type given name in the family name field and vice versa (this results in reason 4).
- Not supported or expired documents (passport, ID card, driver license).
- Unclear or low-quality image of identification document. Some of the information in the document may be covered, not in a frame, or too blurry to be readable.
- Unclear or low-quality selfies. Dark rooms and intense background light result in low-quality photos that are tough to analyze.
- nformation mismatch (for example, name, age, number …) between image and typing.
- Face mismatch between the image of identification document and selfie.
- One passport for different KYC profiles.
- One email for different KYC profiles.
- Nationality belongs to Restricted countries (United States of America, China, Hong Kong, DR Congo, Iran, Myanmar, Sudan, Iraq, Ivory Coast, North Korea, Syria, Zimbabwe, Cuba, Belarus, Liberia).
- Any information relevant to Blockpass’s Sanction List and PEP (Politically Exposed Person) (opens new window).
# How to get my KYC unverified on Red Kite?
Use the same wallet address between Red Kite and Blockpass.
Submit the KYC profile correctly so you can get approved quickly. Here are 10 tips for a good KYC profile.
- Solution 1: Make sure you put your given name and family name in the corresponding field. You can check your identification document.
Example 1: Your full name is Nguyen Van A, you must fill the given name and family name as follow:
Given Name: Van A
Family Name: Nguyen
Example 2: Your full name is Mike James, you must fill the given name and family name as follow:
Given name: Mike
Family Name: James
- Solution 2: Use a supported identification document that is a passport, ID card, or driver license (depending on your nation) and make sure it is not expired.
- Solution 3: Use a working camera and make sure the entire identity document fits in the markers. If you're using an ID card, driver's license to verify your identity, please photograph both sides of the card. Solution 4: Besides a good camera, good lighting is essential for high-quality selfies.
- Solution 5: Go through KYC profile to make sure all information is consistent to your documents *Solution 6: In case of face mismatch, take a selfie of you holding your identification document. Make sure you, and your document, are in a frame, in focus, and readable.
- Solution 7: Only use ONE identification document, ONE account on Red Kite.
- Solution 8: In case you use one email for different KYC profiles, you can only keep one KYC profile or one account according to Red Kite terms. You need to delete the other KYC submissions or contact us to delete.
- Solution 9: If you have different nationalities, you should perform KYC with one that is not among Restricted countries. (United States of America, China, Hong Kong, DR Congo, Iran, Myanmar, Sudan, Iraq, Ivory Coast, North Korea, Syria, Zimbabwe, Cuba, Belarus, Liberia).
- Solution 10: Make sure you are not a citizen or resident in Blockpass’s Sanction List and PEP (Politically Exposed Person) (opens new window)
In case all criteria are met, and your KYC status is still “Pending” or “Unverified,” please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our admin, and provide wallet address as well email you register on Red Kite.